Wednesday, March 09, 2005

The 'Addemup' Challenge



This might not be quite on topic but I feel that it is suitably fun and interesting to post about this amazing new game I came across today - 'Addemup'. Whilst it sounds like an educational game for kids to help them improve their maths skills, it is actually a surpisingly complex game, needing intelligence and trickery. I propose a challenge to you to beat the score of 9000 set by myself and Matt earlier today. Make sure you read the rules carefully because there is far more to it than you might imagine. Post your scores as a comment to this article. Let the games begin!

p.s. a cup of tea goes nicely
Posted by Hello

9 Comments:

At 10:45 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi everyone. I've just managed to completely distract myself by 'Addemup' for about 3 hours...how did you manage to get 9000? You must have spent a long time on it!

 
At 1:55 pm, Blogger Dave said...

Hi Jem, in 3 hours I think you should have got close. It's all about the bonuses. And, just so you know, the bar has been raised...

 
At 9:50 pm, Blogger Lizzie said...

How's 9200?

 
At 8:32 am, Blogger Dave said...

Not bad! It doesn't beat the new high score set by me and Matt though...

 
At 8:54 pm, Blogger Lizzie said...

9750. I played for ages!

 
At 7:29 am, Blogger Layla said...

I'd rather compute income tax. hehe

 
At 3:20 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot figure out too many two's. Maybe I am concentrating too hard. Has anyone beaten this? Tell me how, I am getting quite frustrated with myself !

 
At 1:07 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Took a 20 minute break from writing a lab report and got an 8800 followed by a 9550 ^_^ (back to chem ewww)

 
At 8:24 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,

Are you still updating http://isntteagreat.blogspot.fr/2005/03/addemup-challenge.html? I found a broken link on the site that I'd like to point out to you.

-Juha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home