Thursday, February 24, 2005

Sugar - a blessing, not a curse

Hi folks

Thought I'd introduce myself to this great celebration of tea by exploring what sugar adds to our tea-drinking experience. I am not, of course, talking about Whittards or any of the more refined teas, merely your quintessential cup of Tetley's/Fairtrade (I am trying to wean myself from the former to the latter). Now there are those who will argue, but whilst this variety of tea is all very well and tasty on its own, sugar in this tea represents additional value for your cup. I have come to understand that two sugars is merely for the sweet tooth and/or the late night student, and I fall into the latter category more often than many think I should, but one sugar is an amount for all occasions. Instead of going to your kettle and pouring out the routine tea without thinking, and possibly taking that little bit less care with your cup (horror!), having two options over how you take your tea makes you think, and you take more care in preparing the perfect brew for your mood. Soften your tea with a little sugar and enjoy the experience so much more.....

Of course, since tea is great anyway, having it without sugar is perfectly fine too...just don't limit yourself.

[Ed: The views contained in this article are not the views expressed by the other members of the team who strongly oppose the use of sugar or other sweetners in tea.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home